Breast Cancer Stats
Know the numbers behind this common cancer.
Breast cancer is a global burden.
- It is the most common cancer in the world among women.
- It is the most common cancer in women among all ethnicities.
In the United States…
- Breast cancer is the number one cause of death among Hispanic women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for all women.
- 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer.
- 1 in 36 women will die from breast cancer.
The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2015…
- About 231, 840 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed.
- About 60,290 new cases of non-invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed.
- About 40,290 women will die from breast cancer.
We are winning the fight against breast cancer.
- Female breast cancer rates have begun to decrease since the year 2000.
- Screening and early detection has helped increase survival rates for women with breast cancer.
- Currently, there are 2.8 million breast cancer survivors living in the United States.